Learn to Tell Your Story to Advocate for LGBTQ+ Youth
GLSEN Arizona is offering free biweekly Zoom workshops to equip community members – students, educators, school administrators, and parents – with the practical knowledge needed to deliver their own 2-minute testimony at legislature and school board meetings.
Part 1: Key Features of Testimony for Public Advocacy
- Covers the structure of a 2-minute testimony
- Breaks down specific components of an impactful testimony
- Logistics of testifying and steps to protect your safety and privacy after testifying
Part 2: Practice Your Testimony
- Practice delivering 2-minute testimony
- Receive constructive feedback
Practicing your testimony is an important part of perfecting the right advocacy story. We encourage each participate to attend part 1 and part 2 of this workshop series.
Click a link below and register today:
Please note: The first hour of part 1 workshops (6-7 pm) will be informational, followed by an optional 30 minutes for questions, discussion, and strategy.
[I]t is our belief that to work with School Resource Officers (SROs) would run counter to our mission, compromise our efficacy, and make schools feel hostile, especially for BIPOC students. For these reasons, we at GLSEN Phoenix support policies that defund SROs.